Our growing equity investment platform is looking for a bright, engaged and experienced SENIOR INVESTMENT ANALYST. Working hand in hand with the management team of CROWDBERRY across Slovak and Czech Republic, the candidate shall become our core team member and lead our market and company research, identify, acquire and execute new exciting investment opportunities in SMEs and REAL-ESTATE for our growing investors base. Our new team member shall be responsible for a complex set of business analytics tasks with a support of junior analysts and interns, representing Crowdberry externally and drive the operational as well as strategic activities of the firm going forward.
If you know how to look at the business environment from a helicopter view, appreciate very flat corporate hierarchy and want to learn to connect the right dots to succeed, we would love to hear from you and take you on board.
- Thorough financial, business and market analysis of Small and Medium sized enterprises and Real-estate for new investment opportunities
- Investment process coordination from process kick-off to investment closing
- General deal-flow and investment management, marketing and investment related activities - expect up to 10 new investments per year and dozens of companies for review
- Gather, analyse and interpret corporate, financial and market information with a support of junior analysts and interns
- Preparation and review of financial and operational models, valuation concepts and comparables.
- Senior level understanding and reading of financial statements and their implication on business models, processes and strategy
- Creation of recommendations for the companies and financed projects from the research and competition analysis
- Business implementation of any recommendations from the research/competition analysis
- General, at least high level understanding of legal frameworks and termsheet concepts for legal structuring of investments Permanent review of the crowd-investing market, its potential and competitive landscape in the CEE region and beyond
- Reporting and holding workshops for selected industries and mega-trends
- Leadership responsibility for junior investment analysts and interns
- Mission: drive the impact of Crowdberry as an investment marketplace for alternative investments and help our economy to develop a strong economic backbone through a thriving Startup and SME environment.
CROWDBERRY is a leading alternative investment platform operating in Slovakia and Czech Republic with partnerships established with Private banking departments of Tatra Banka and Raiffeisenbank Czech Republic. We provide a professional marketplace for entrepreneurs and investors to enable growth for innovative companies as well as attractive investment opportunities for our capital providers. We advise and help to build new businesses with a mission to become a growth catalyst for the future economy.
- University degree, preferably in corporate finance/banking/economics
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience - investment, corporate finance, consultancy or direct engagement in a SME preferred
- Experience with business analysis of Small and Medium sized enterprises and real-estate projects
- Market and (financial) data research skills with attention to details
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Experience in reading and understanding financial statements, reports and presentations
- Basic negotiation and meeting management skills
- Sound writing and communications skills on both Slovak and English language (min. C1 level)
- Intellectual curiosity with a twist of creativity. Flexible, preferring new challenges over routine
- An entrepreneurial "can-do" attitude facilitated by continuous learning
- Active participation in an open-minded, creative and hard-working team
- Out of the box non-business/non-financial background will be considered with care too!
- Internationally experienced young and dynamic team in a flat organisational structure
- Intellectually intense but fun work with a hands-on business contribution
- Environment in and around innovative businesses, top Slovak and Czech START-UPs and SMEs with global reach, and interesting network of private investors, both national and international
- Growth within the team based on a career plan desirable
- Relocation to other offices possible (e.g. Prague)
- Flexible working hours with a pleasant and casual working environment