The cloud platform AKULAR aims to connect the advantages of communicating 3D construction models with the technology for their effective conversion and visualisation. AKULAR is responding to low rates of digitalisation and ineffective processes in construction, enabling the rapid visualisation of all types of 3D models in augmented reality (AR). On standard mobile devices, the platform is able to visualise 3D models of buildings and infrastructure in real size and directly in the context of its surroundings before actual construction has begun. As a result, the technology streamlines decision-making, planning and construction processes. For a wide range of stakeholders including architects, project managers, developers and clients, as well as the public, AKULAR provides visualisations of multiple project alternatives, thus reducing the need for costly physical mock-ups and can save project costs in the hundreds of thousands of euros.
- Revenues exceeding EUR 320 thsd. for the years 2019 and 2020 to date
- Successful integration with leading building information modelling platform Autodesk BIM360. Users of this platform (tens of thousands construction, architecture and development firms and millions of users worldwide) will be given access to the AKULAR product directly in their existing BIM360 interface with their own pre-loaded 3D models
- Rapid and cost-effective 3D model visualisation – better decision-making and hundreds of thousands of euros in project cost savings
- Visualisation and simple sharing of 3D models through standard mobile devices (tablet, phone) as well as specialized AR or VR headsets
- Free dedicated app and communication medium for municipalities and the public regarding ongoing projects
- Successful projects with leading US developers Boston Properties and JBG Smith – including visualisation of the new Amazon HQ2 at National Landing
- Attendance at leading technology and real estate conferences including CES Las Vegas 2019, MIPIM, OECD Forum
- Innovation prize for project on behalf of client FreeAxez at the 50th edition of commercial design event NeoCon
- Attended startup accelerator Smart City Works in Washington, D.C.
- Grants EUR 119,000 (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister of the Slovak Republic for Investments and Informatization) and USD 35,000 (US Connections under Slovak American Foundation)