Artzenal is a young Slovak company operating in the area of creating high-quality and interactive 2D and 3D digital content for the needs of marketing and film and game production, as well as for use in virtual reality (VR). The company was established in December 2019, when it received seed investment from the CB Growth ONE investment fund. The company was soon able to acquire its first international customers in the gaming industry (Gawooni, Claymore Games and Warhorse Studio) and carry out pilot commissions in the field of digitalisation and virtualization of cultural heritage (Albatros, the Blue Church, Chatam Sofer). In the implementation of projects, Artzenal has established cooperation with leading hardware and software companies, such as Capturing Reality (part of the gaming giant Epic Games), Faro (a leading manufacturer of laser scanners), DJI (a global leader in the drone market), and Nikon (a manufacturer of high-quality cameras and photographic equipment). The company is basing its further growth on the gradual supplementation of its initial service-focused business model with a product portfolio through digitalisation of cultural experiences. The pandemic and related restrictions in the tourism industry have resulted in increased demand for high-quality and experiential 3D content in this area.
- The company was established by leading experts in the field of 2D and 3D content, supplemented in 2020 with the addition of photogrammetry specialists and developers. The Artzenal team combines experience from 50 projects with partners from 20 countries and broad competency in creating digital art content at a high level.
- In the first year of its existence, the company achieved turnover of €174,000 despite the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting limited possibilities to actively develop sales.
- Artzenal has succeeded in creating a robust interconnected network of technologies and processes (know-how) that, in combination with the team’s expertise, makes it possible to produce high-quality and interactive 3D content.
- The pandemic brought about an increase in global demand for virtual experiences as well as for the digitalisation of cultural heritage, thanks to which visitors can enjoy digitalised cultural monuments without the necessity of physically visiting them. This has strong potential for Artzenal – according to the European Commission, only 10% of Europe’s cultural heritage is available in digital form. Therefore, Artzenal’s ability to deliver high-quality and interactive 3D content presents an interesting business opportunity.
- After a series of pilot commissions carried out in 2020, the first commercial commission in the area of digitalisation of cultural heritage involves the digitalisation of historic Formula 1 open-wheel cars, important legends of the sport. For Artzenal, this has the potential to become a gateway to a scalable licensing business and to be an excellent reference not only in the automotive sector, but also in the area of digitalisation of cultural heritage in general.
“We are very pleased that Artzenal is among our partners – its team excels especially in the digitalisation of complex vehicles and industrial objects, where their highly competent approach and attention to detail are obvious. We have been collaborating with Artzenal on the promotion of their work since 2020 and their results suggest that we will further develop this collaboration in 2021.” Artzenal partner Capturing Reality, a leading 3D-modelling software company based in Slovakia, which in 2021 became part of gaming giant Epic Games, creator of the megahit Fortnite.
CapturingReality. com: Albatros: bringing piece of history into Virtual Reality
MediaWorks.fr: RealityCapture et Unreal Engine
Nefkus.sk: Artzenal & 3D
Nikonblog.sk: Richard Dömös: Medzi realitou a virtualitou
Foto Škoda: Richard Dömös: Práca fotografa je mojím koníčkom